Murdi Paaki Regional Enterprise Corporation (MPREC) is the peak provider of services to Indigenous communities in Western NSW. The Corporation’s goal is to continually improve the social fabric and living standards of Western NSW residents.
The corporation was established in August 2003 and is a Not-For-Profit (primarily) government funded Public Company Limited by Guarantee. The objectives of the organisation are:
- To develop and implement effective employment and accredited training strategies.
- To develop enterprise projects and facilitate business development.
- To deliver Remote Jobs and Communities Program (RJCP).
- To deliver Community Development Employment Projects (CDEP) program.
- To assist in the provision of essential social services to Indigenous Australians.
- To nurture and mentor Indigenous Youth through training, leadership development & career pathways.
- Promote improved lifestyle through strategic engagement of youth and community members.
The Murdi Paaki Region comprises the whole of Western NSW, from the Victoria to Queensland borders. Communities serviced include: Bourke, Brewarrina, Broken Hill, Cobar, Collarenebri, Coonamble, Enngonia, Goodooga, Gulargambone, Ivanhoe, Lightning Ridge, Menindee, Walgett, Weilmoringle, Wentworth, Wilcannia.